Thanks to the random woman in the over priced grocery store.
There was an empty cart, I was silly and didn't grab one, but half way through the store, I had two frozen pizza's, a gallon of milk, eggs, and a case of diapers I was kicking around the store.
I asked if that cart was yours. You said yes, and you seemed to look right at the case of diapers, and you knew by the look on my tired sad face that I needed you to give me that cart.
Not for the sake that I don't know how to get a cart at the front of the store (because I am just going to get a few things) but because I just needed someone to be nice to me.
You were. I told you I really didn't need it, but you gave me that "really" look. And I gave you the "I really do need it" look in return.
Thanks again for the random kindness. Now I know when I do it to people, it really does make a difference. Maybe not every time. But you never know when that random stranger who is just having a shitty night needs you to be the nice guy.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment