Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Steps

baby steps I’ve realize again and again ‘Baby Steps’ is the key to my life.

Being a professional procrastinator, is something I’ve grown to be proud of. Call me silly, but when you are what you are you learn to embrace it. And being a person who can procrastinate to the point of HOURS before a due date, when the project should have taken DAYS, and it turns out all RoCk $tAr anyway. One becomes a professional. And a proud one at that.

BUT with all things procrastinating you also learn that instead of steps, or the right process it’s more of a doitallrightnow kinda process. Which for me works 9 times out of 10.

And I’ve always been cool under pressure. Stamp Camp projects due today? No problem. 16 Swaps for a meeting due in 6 hours? Sure. Running SO close to being late? I’ll make it up on the highway.

But in my life I am realizing that works for a short period of time. I’m learning I am a much better and balanced person if I take baby steps.

Now you can not just take a procrastinator like myself and just toss me into some well balanced schedule. I will revolt and RUN back to my old ways.

This is a process that I call baby steps. For everything I do. I need baby steps. I need to do this not only for me but for my home, and my family. As proud as I may have become of my procrastination skills, I have realized I don’t want my children to do as I do.

So now before school we set out Bagel’s clothes, my clothes, and Weaky’s clothes (he goes with) so far a month in and no late days, no close calls. We actually run pretty smooth in the morning!

Laundry is a new one. So if your an avid reader of mine, I do believe I’ve done about 74 post on how much I HATE it. SO again with the baby steps. That may sound silly to you, but I need. NEED to tell myself that baby steps will get me there. Waiting two weeks till EVERYONE is out of ALL clothes and we I have 8 baskets to put away. This is better.

It’s a mental thing with me. I seriously need to mind fuck myself into thinking that this is the ONLY way to do things.

On THAT note, I have found a new “thing” to add to my baby steps process.

Get ready…

Exercise.

YEP. Exercise and eating well. B.A.B.Y. steps. LITTLE baby. Like preme baby steps. I need to SLOWLY get into a habit of NO drive thru. Of NO late night snacks. Of NO lame excuses to work out.

And where did I find my motivation for working out you ask? Sure anyone can be motivated to do laundry, hence consequence of being naked or dirty. Motivated to be on time for school so I’m not “that” mom. But diet and exercise?

I found a new magazine, by Oxygen. “Off the Couch” there are a lot of before and after women, lots of motivation. Now I can read health magazines, day dream about the day when I was told I was too skinny, till I turn blue. I just needed that one article, that one clip of information to really just motivate me.

Was it Tosca Reno who said “I ask myself what my life would be like if I continued to sit on the couch, not bothering to train; that scares me into action real fast”

Or the fact that most people that wrote in brought up the fact that they don’t have the money for a gym membership, or equipment. Most said they have what I have. A ball, resistance band, small weights, and a yoga mat.

Or how I should take the FARTHEST parking spot at the stores. Or tell myself POSITIVE things. So instead of the nagging I have 30+ pounds to loose by the Holiday’s. HA! I should say I only have 2 pounds to loose this week!

But there is a section on page 41. They call it IMI.

Incentive. Motivation. In Control.

Incentive talked about finding that one person that really inspires you. For me it’s been my friends. The fact that SO many have lost weight, are running 5K’s (I swear this weekend at least 5 of my Facebook friends commented on running!) dropping weight and looking great.

I want to be right there with them.

Motivation.

This is where they go into baby steps. Like keeping a chart of your inches lost, take a photo each month, Set dates for goals. And have a support system.

But it was under the In Control section that the light bulb went on. This is what I read to motivate me…

“When your finished reading this article, I want you to grab your gym bag, head to the car, and drive to the gym. Do it, don’t even thing about why you can’t; that will only stop you.”

Get it? JUST GO. Right now. Well my right now was over a big fat pizza, and it was late. SO I psyched myself up and woke up at 6:45 this morning. And worked out.

I only did 20 minutes. I thought I was going to die. I am SO out of shape it’s a joke. BUT. I can do this in baby steps. I will not wait till I am SO over weight I start to hate myself.

I want me back. So baby steps. No big killer motivational speech here. Just baby steps.

Right now I want to see if I can make it a whole day with out cheating on this plan… oh and if your wondering about my diet. I’m going to try Spaghetti’s 2 hour diet.

Every 2 hours he eats smaller little snack like meals. It’s worked for him. He’s always eating, and it’s always healthy so if we add in a work out maybe by next summer I will be hawt again. But lets make it through the day ok?

FeIsTy.

xo…

2 comments:

Amanda said...

If you find the secret to motivation, please enlighten me. Maybe we need to form a procrastinator's anonymous group. I'm not kidding. I, too, need help...and a huge blaze under my ass...to get things done.

Jayme said...

Girl! You need to update! I miss ya!

Heart Dystonian

300K Dystonia

Who loves me?

I'm watching you...

Blog Design By:

Shannon over at Eightcrazydesigns!