Friday, December 5, 2008

Questions, questions

I was visiting Kristin over at The Way It Is, and I found this fun bunch of questions... thought I would play...

The Questions:

My proudest moment in parenting was...
When I am holding Spike, and Bagel comes to sit in my lap too. I smile to myself, and am grateful every time that I have the two most amazing and beautiful kids. And that Spaghetti and I made them. Makes me proud.

My most humbling parent moment was...
When postpartum hit me with Spike. It was rough with Bagel, but even harder when I was already taking care of a two year old, but now a new born. And I had to call my MIL for help. I am a VERY strong, supermom, I always say I don't need anyone to help. I can do it myself. I get this bull headed attitude because Spaghetti is working 3 jobs, and when he is around he just gets to visit with the kids for a few minutes some days. So I can't bear to ask him to help me.

As a parent, I'm great at...
Multi-tasking. I can make oatmeal, prep a bottle, make my coffee, and Spaghetti's breakfast to go, all while talking to Aerial on the phone, and ironing clothes at the same time. I got mad skills.

My meltdown-prevention tactic is...
First off, is this prevention for me, or the kids? I really do need meltdown prevention for myself. I usually go hide in the bathroom, or in the summer I go out to the back of the yard and climb up the swing set fort with a magazine. (this only works when Spaghetti is home)

Oh, so if you meant the meltdown prevention was for the kids? Well then, I try to foresee where things are going, if Bagel is whiny, then I know she will be starving soon, and screaming as if she is missing a limb, so I starter the wagering with snacks if we are out. Spike is pretty easy. Clean, fed and rested, are the tactics for him.

My favorite moment of the day is...
7:15 pm. Everyone is in bed, and I am standing in the hallway, finally time to breathe. And I also enjoy the chaotic mornings, it maybe insane around here. But I love all of us together.

I've started_______ a thousand times.
Purging toys and too small clothes!

Mornings are always smoother when...
I have had my coffee.

Hope you enjoyed! Play along if you want!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am so glad you played. Fun questions right!

Heart Dystonian

300K Dystonia

Who loves me?

I'm watching you...

Blog Design By:

Shannon over at Eightcrazydesigns!